Waiting for Katie

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Saturday, August 19, 2006

A mailbox full of excitement

Today I received in the mail two nice packages. The first one was a check from the Georgia Council of exceptional Children for $200 for a mini grant I won. The only problem is I don't know which grant it was for. I applied for one over a year ago and won only to be told they didn't have the money and took it away. I also apply for one for a divison out of the CEC. The check came with no letter and I have receive no emails or anything. I will somehow have to figure out which of the two it could be so that I spend the money for it's intended purposes. The other package was from the Japan Fulbright Memorial Fund. I now know which prefecture I will be staying in once we divide into our groups of 20 from Tokyo. My host city and prfecture is Kiryu, Gunma Japan. I am still very excited about this trip. I think I will call my blog "Where in the World is Mrs. Leaptrott" It is something one of my paraprofessionals wrote down in our lesson plans for when I cover Japan. I like it. It is not very orginal but it will work for my students.

No comments: