Waiting for Katie

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Sunday, April 24, 2005

From Pity Party to Party

Yesterday, I was having my self a little pity party. I was told by the doctor on Wednesday that I had 3 weeks to get my leg straight or I would have to have a third surgery. I have made good progress on getting it to bend but have been struggling to get it straight. I had a wedding to do (take photos) but was feeling a little nervous about it, not to mention that my stomach was bothering me and I was very nauseous.
I got ready for the wedding and went. We got a late start with the photos but that did not stress me out too bad. I was happy for the bride and groom, they were both in the youth group when I worked with the youth my first time around at the Augusta Vineyard. Once the wedding go going I started feeling better, my stomach finally stopped bothering me. I had a great time at the wedding. It was like a big party. So I went from a pity party to a PARTY that celebrated something beautiful.
It made me do a little self evaluation, and possibly an evaluation of others. If we dwell on our problems we will continue to get wrapped up in a pity party to the point of depression. I believe the best way to avoid that is to serve others. If we put others before ourselves then we have no time to feel sorry for ourselves and think about our problems, but if we serve others then we can find that we will get to be a part of something beautiful.
The wedding was beautiful despite all of the wind. I had a great time celebrating this union. I was surrounded by people full of love and joy. I even danced a little.

No comments: