Waiting for Katie

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Sunday, July 24, 2005

It's About That Time


It is about that time to return to work. I have to go to work on July 28th and the students return on August 3rd. I am not ready to return. I will be happy to see my students but I need a vacation. Summer was just too short and it is VERY WRONG to return to school in July. I have been very busy. I started off the summer shooting a wedding at the beach and it was lots of fun. I then had Thyroid surgery. While recovering from that I went to a conference for Assistive Technology(work related stuff). Upon returning I washed my clothes and then went on a vacation with Mike. We went to Gulfport Mississippi and then took a day trip to New Orleans. It was relaxing. After that I went to Miami on a mission trip (mentioned in previous blog) and now I have been enjoying the rest of my summer. I have hung out with some of the girls in the youth group, been shopping and that's about it. I am mentally not ready to return. I know once I get into the swing of things it will be ok and I'll enjoy it again. Pictured above is my team (Team Jamaica) from Mission Miami '05 and the sunshine yellow house we painted. They were a great team.

No comments: