Waiting for Katie

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Test

Well, I just got through taking the Praxis. I had to take this test so that I can become a "HIGHLY QUALIFIED" teacher. Don't worry about the fact that I have 13 years of experience plus a college degree and I teach students with moderate intellectual disabilities (an IQ of 55 or below) I have to be qualified to teach math, social studies, science, and language arts, even tough I don't really teach these skills I teach basic life skill. I do teach some reading but it's mostly functional words and signs. In math I teach my students how to count, tell time and count basic money. That's ok. I'll do what I have to so that I can keep my job. I'll let you know in 4 weeks how I did.

1 comment:

RedPita said...

oh my god! you didn't tell me you had to wait FOUR weeks! (or maybe you did, and I somehow forgot, but anyway..) FOUR WEEKS! that is torture, plain and simple.