Waiting for Katie

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Dear Birth Mother

I wrote this poem when we knew that we were going to adopt but didn't know where. It is written for the birth mother.

Greatest Gift Of Love



What Joy-What Sorrow happened on that day
When the Gift of Love is bestowed

The Joy you give as you hand over your child
The Greatest Gift of Love you gave us that day

The sorrow that comes with such a sacrifice is hard to ease
on that day you gave your child to me

The day you decided to give this precious child
more than what you could provide

The gift you have given me is
The Greatest Gift of Love

My prayer for you is that your sorrow will one day return to Joy
because of the Greatest Gift of Love that you gave to me

You will always be a part of that Joy
when I reflect upon that precious day

I will remember the sacrifice it took
and will lift you up to the one who
Gave us all the
Greatest Gift of Love

3 comments:

RedPita said...

now I think you are just trying to make me cry.

Love it girlie, keep it up.

Veronica Leaptrott said...

you are just going to have to cry, you are the one who talked me into putting them up.

Dottie said...

Veronica, I cried too. . . alot. I am so happy for you. I don't think I've ever been so happy for an expectant mother. You have wanted this for so long. This is one lucky kid.