Waiting for Katie

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Christmas with my Family

Well, today we drove up to the "Big City" of Braselton to celebrate Christmas with my family. My mom decided not to cook this year so she ordered pizza. Of course I can't eat it because I allergic to the Cheese on top, so I had salad and pasta instead. After we ate we opened gifts, at our house it's kind of crazy everyone opens their gifts all at once. I enjoy watching the kids open their gifts but it's kind of hard to do when everyone is doing at the same time. I love my nieces. They are so cute. They are 3, 4, and 5. I have a new niece who is 6, that is my brother's soon to be step daughter.
Us older kids somehow decided back at Thanksgiving to draw names. So we end up buying for each other having no clue what the other wants or needs. I drew my sister's name and gave her a scrapbook kit. I figured she had the time to do it because she does not work. She drew my name and found out that I like to collect colbalt blue glass. So she go me a blue owl because it was different, I just giggled because I've been thinking about the dead owl in my mom's freezer. So we reminisced a little bit, and finally asked mom what she did with it and she said she go rid of it. She threw it away. My mom and dad got me a really cool old camera. It was still in the box, had a roll of film, and an original battery that had a camera on it.
Then came the divinity. My sister-in-law and I love it, and as always I ate way too much of it.
I am looking forward to the rest of the holiday, school is out and I can rest. More than anything I am looking forward to hearing my fater-in-law preach his final Christmas Eve service. He is one of the best story tellers I know. I love to hear him tell the Christ Story and can't wait until one day my kids will be able to hear him also.

No comments: