Waiting for Katie

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

HOOTIE

I am easily relaxed by the sounds of nature. I love listening to the critters outside in our yard and watching the squirrels run from tree to tree. I am very thankful for our home. The back yard is like being out in the Great Outdoors. Mike hates the squirrels, mainly because they kept eating a hole in the gas line to our grill and when we went to grill had no gas. Well anyway, I was listening this morning and heard Hootie the owl that resides in the trees behind our house. My friend Adam and I got to see him one day fly across the yard. He was huge and beautiful. I was listening to him hoot this morning and was taken back to a memory earlier in my life. When I was a young kid my mother hit an owl with the car. She actually took him and put him in the freezer because she wanted to get him stuffed. She never did and I wonder what ever happened to that frozen dead owl. It actually sounds kind of morbid, but I laugh because it was one of the many crazy things we did.
It makes me think of long lost friends, what ever happened to them, you may remember them from first grade, or somewhere along the way. We grow up and move on. As I think about those long lost friends I pray that God will bless them along their way and find myself smiling or laughing and wishing that I could be a child again.

No comments: