Waiting for Katie

Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Life in the Trauma

Tonight I got a call from my paraprofessional (teacher's assistance) telling me that her husband had totaled his truck and was at the trauma unit at MCG. He's ok, they are observing him overnight because he lost consciousness. It made me reflect back to when I had my accident about 6-7 years ago. I totaled my truck, lost consciousness, had internal chest wall contusions with chest pains, and my nose, eye and forehead were sliced opened. I realized the value of life as I am sure that my friend and her family are at the moment. Despite the pain he has his life to be grateful for and his family will get to share in that life during the holidays instead of experiencing the pain that comes with a tragic loss. I can remember reflecting and evaluating my life during that time, was I doing what God has set before me? Could I make a difference in someone else's life? At the since of my accident someone stopped and asked if they could pray for me. I never saw their face, I just felt their touch and did not want it to go away. Later I tried to find out who this person was, it wasn't the paramedics from what I can remember because I vaguely remember that he had to step aside when they got there and I didn't want him to go. I don't remember what he prayed for but was comforted by his touch. I called the witnesses on the accident report and it wasn't them. They said they prayed but didn't pray over me physically. I thanked them but never got the opportunity to say thanks to the guy that prayed for me. So now, I would like to say thanks and let you know what that meant to me. It is something that I have treasured and have promised to do the same if I ever witnessed an accident.

2 comments:

hanson said...

I'm convinced God gives things like that to show us that he is in control of every aspect of our lives.
I guess for me the painful stuff is where I learned the most.

Veronica Leaptrott said...

I agree, when life is too easy I think we get so wrapped up in life that we forget to focus on the lessons around us.